The Health Information Technology (HIT) department is seeking an IT Helpdesk Support Technician to assist with the day‐to‐day IT helpdesk requests received from internal teammates and external users.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Serve as the first point of contact for internal and external users seeking technical assistance over MedPOINT’s ticketing system (TrackIT) or phone and email as necessary.
- Perform remote troubleshooting through diagnostic techniques and pertinent questions.
- Determine the best solution based on the issue and details provided by the end‐user.
- Walk the end user through the problem‐solving process.
- Direct unresolved issues to the next level of technical support personnel.
- Provide accurate information to end‐users on MPM IT products, software, internal tools and the team’s technical support methods and expectations of the end‐user.
- Record events and problems and their resolution in Track‐IT and smartsheet tracking log sheets.
- Timely follow‐up with end‐users to ensure issue has been resolved.
- Submit end‐user feedback or suggestions to the appropriate internal team and HIT management.
- Inform HIT management of recurring end‐user problems to investigate global solutions.
- Stay current with technical system information, changes and updates.
- Identify and suggest possible improvements on team and department procedures and workflows.
- Provide technical phone support to external users on functionality of the MPM web portal as needed.
- Other special projects as requested by management.
Minimum Job Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree or High school graduate.
- Minimum of four years’ experience working in a similar IT helpdesk technical position.
- Strong organizational, customer service, and communication skills.
- Experience with helpdesk ticketing systems.
- Ability to multitask in a fast‐paced work environment.
- Technical troubleshooting skills with demonstrated ability to recognize problems before they occur including repair and/or reinstallation of software/hardware.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Microsoft Windows Servers and Workstations, networks, printers, scanners, and other computer related hardware, and phone systems.
Skills and Abilities
- Readiness to contribute in a team‐oriented environment; able to multi‐task in a very fast paced environment.
- The ability to communicate information and speak clearly about ideas so others will understand.
- Creative problem‐solving ability and dedication to accomplishing goals and challenges presented daily from internal and external end‐users.
- Ability to interact with various levels of management, executive leadership, and end‐users.
- Proven ability to take initiative to move daily work forward.
- Able to follow, critically evaluate, and improve upon current processes and workflows.
- Ability to use sound judgment in completing tasks and to seek guidance when needed.