The Financial Analyst is integral part of the Finance team to provide financial analysis, accounting and planning/forecasting support to the Finance Leadership Team. The Financial Analyst position is responsible for the timely and accurate monthly accounting close functions, balance sheet reconciliations, annual audit and budgeting process. This position reviews, reconciles, and analyzes data to ensure delivery of client financial reporting and is accountable for the financial integrity of information reported, as well as, the identification of trends. Other key responsibilities include creating pro formas, forecasting for Health Plan/Line of Business analysis for management decisions, providing independent analysis to departmental Manager regarding financial results, and identifying potential improvements. Candidate must complete additional assignments and projects as required and be a key supporting resource for the Finance Supervisor, Finance Manager, Controller, and CFO or other administrative team members.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Obtain and review Capitation detail and summary reports monthly
- Run paid claims reports monthly and/or quarterly to calculate claims cost
- Run lag report for claims paid and received
- Update IBNR Model
- Calculate IBNR using Lag reports and/or other appropriate methodologies
- Perform monthly accounting close procedures and balance sheet reconciliations
- Prepare Financial Performance summaries by Health Plan
- Prepare Financial Performance summary with combined Health Plans
- Prepare Capitation summary by Health Plan
- Prepare Report of claims by type of service
- Prepare report of claims by month of service
- Disperse reports to IPA Client and MSO Financial Manager
- Prepare and submit any additional requested reports to IPA Clients
- Prepare EOM financial and board packages
- Prepare ad-hoc financial analysis as requested by the Controller, CFO and/or the client
- Prepare other financial packages and ad-hoc reports as needed
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Must be highly analytical and possess a strong grasp of finance concepts such as capital budgeting, discounted cash flow, financial statement analysis and forecasted.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, work accurately, meet deadlines and provide effective reporting is required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills required to develop and maintain effective working relationships across all levels within the organization.
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Meets tight deadlines and provides accurate information.
- Demonstrate ability to plan, organize and manage modest projects successfully.
- Detail-oriented, excellent proof reading and editing skills.
- Must be able to learn unfamiliar concepts quickly
- Requisite poise, judgment, and trustworthiness to represent MSO to internal and external groups
- Must work effectively in a team environment and able a supportive contributor or leader in team matters. Must conduct him or herself professionally and be capable of developing and maintaining positive, service oriented relationships with all levels of healthcare professionals, both internal and external to VHS, as well as Board members, administration and others.
- Must be able to plan, coordinate and prioritize resources.
- Maintains information in a confidential manner and complies with HIPAA laws according to policy.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Preferred:
- Crystal/SQL experience is a plus, including knowledge of SQL Server database language and ability to create new tables, build relational queries and modifying existing databases with accuracy.
- Knowledge of Mas200, EZ-Cap a plus.
- Experience in and knowledge of CPT, HCPC, DRG, ICD-9, ICD-10 and NDC coding is a plus.