Business Analyst, IT
The HIT department is seeking a Business Analyst to be an advanced professional who can partner effectively with all levels of the organization, lead projects, drive results, proactively identify and resolve problems, and make challenging decisions.This individual will solicit, understand, and document the end user’s business requirements, processes, and workflows developing both written and visual depictions of requirements and process flows. This role will work closely with other BA’s, Developers, Business Owners, and Stakeholders and will demonstrate both existing and new functionality to the customer stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Determines operational objectives by studying business functions; gathering information; evaluating output requirements and formats.
- Provides designs and mockups for new computer programs; constructs workflow charts and diagrams; writes specifications.
- Defines project requirements by identifying project milestones, phases, and elements.
- Coordinates with project stakeholders for deliverable reviews and approvals.
- Monitors project progress by tracking activity; resolving problems; publishing progress reports; recommending actions.
- Maintains system protocols by writing and updating procedures.
- Provides user documentation, training, and support for users.
- Prepares technical reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends.
- Performs QA testing and defect tracking.
- Manage multiple competing priorities through effective organization and communication.
- Provides handover for User Acceptance Testing and supports users for testing.
- Additional IT Business Analyst tasks as directed.
Minimum Job Requirements
- High School graduate or GED equivalent
- Understanding of Managed Healthcare business operations
- EZ-CAP® experience is a plus
- 2+ years of related experience as Business Analyst that includes researching, testing, documenting and/or maintaining applications or using applications in a business setting
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- SQL query skills (MS SQL) is a plus
- Skilled in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with Smart Sheet or MS Project
- EDI knowledge is a plus
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
- Ability to influence at all levels of the organization